Sonnet Solo10G SFP+ 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 3 Adapter with Short-range SFP+ Transceiver
Solo10G SFP+ (Thunderbolt 3 Edition)
10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 3 Adapter with Short-range SFP+ Transceiver
Blazing-fast 10GBASE-SR Connectivity at a Breakthrough Price
Most post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows have been rapidly transitioning to 10Gb Ethernet as the new data transfer standard. For many, the 10Gb Ethernet network infrastructure of choice is optical (SFP+) 10Gb Ethernet. For these workgroups, there is now an affordable 10GbE interface for your Mac® or Windows®(1) computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports—Sonnet’s Solo10G™ SFP+ (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast fiber optic 10GbE network connectivity at a breakthrough price.
Connect to 10GbE Infrastructure
The Solo10G SFP+ (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter includes a 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver (the most commonly-used optical transceiver), enabling you to connect your computer to 10GbE infrastructure via LC optical cable (optical cables sold separately) at distances up to 300 meters.
Adds 10GbE ConnectivityPowerfully simple way to add high-performance 10GbE connectivity via optical cable.
SFP+ Transceiver IncludedLow-cost adapter includes 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver; supports connection up to 300 meters to 10GbE infrastructure via LC multi-mode fiber optic cable (sold separately).
40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface
Connects to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain.
Energy-efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) support reduces the adapter's power demands on your computer.
Configure the adapter's settings using operating system tools.
Small and Silent
Adapter is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments.
Bus-Powered, Energy Efficient
Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo10G requires no power adapter.
Aluminum enclosure withstands heavy use
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- macOS 10.13.6+
- macOS Catalina compatible
- PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1809 or greater)
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Linux Kernel 5.0+
- Thunderbolt 3 adapter
- One SFP+ socket
- Aquantia AQC107S
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Maximum packet size: 16352 bytes (jumbo frames); 9000 bytes under macOS
Data Rates Supported
- 10 Gb/s, 1 Gb/s
- Flow control support
- MSI (Message Signaled Interrupts)
- RSS (Receive-Side Scaling)
- Interrupt coalescing
- Multicast filtering
- Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az)
- 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory
- TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading
- TSO (TCP Segmentation Offload, AKA Large Send Offload)
- LRO (Large Receive Offload)
- RSS (Receiver Side Scaling)
- 0ºC to 35ºC (32ºF to 95ºF)
- 3.1 x 4.9 x 1.1 in. (79.5 x 124.5 x 27.2 mm)
- 0.56 lbs. (0.25 kg)
- Solo10G (Thunderbolt 3 Edition) adapter with captive 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 cable
- 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver