Sonnet SF3 Series - RED Mini Mag Card Reader
When you shoot on RED, chances are your footage is captured to RED MINI-MAG® media, known for their quality and durability. With the move to shooting in 8K and at high frame rates, those cards fill up faster than ever—the need for a tool that accelerates offloading footage from multiple cards is greater than ever, too. The Sonnet SF3™ Series - RED MINI-MAG Pro Card Reader is the ultimate tool for the job.
Featuring a dual-port, 40Gbps Thunderbolt™ 3 interface, this RED APPROVED reader ingests footage from RED MINI-MAG memory cards to any Mac®, Windows®, or Linux® computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports—on location, in the studio, or in the edit suite—at the fastest speeds the cards will support.
- Superior Performance—Ingests footage from RED MINI-MAG cards at maximum supported speeds to Mac, Windows and Linux computers
- Cuts Ingest Times in Half—Dual card slots enable simultaneous ingest of footage from two cards for greater efficiency
- Compact, Rugged, Stackable—Rugged aluminum enclosure for reliable operation. Stackable design enables multiple SF3 Series card readers to occupy same footprint.
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Features dual Thunderbolt 3 ports; second port supports daisy chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices, including additional SF3 Series pro card readers
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included—Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
- Backward Compatible With Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt Macs—When used with an Apple® Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter and a Thunderbolt cable (both sold separately)
- Ready for Racking—Threaded mount points enable secure attachment of two readers side-by-side on a rack tray in just 1U of rack space
Dual Card Slots, Less Waiting
The SF3 Series - RED MINI-MAG Pro Card Reader can ingest files simultaneously from two cards at up to 1060 MB/s—more than double the average ingest speed of other RED MINI-MAG card readers—to cut your ingest times in half.
Ingest Four, Six or More RED MINI-MAG Cards Simultaneously!
Built with rugged aluminum enclosures, SF3 Series card readers are designed to be stacked and daisy chained, enabling you to connect up to six RED MINI-MAG readers to your computer through a single cable. Now you can take advantage of Thunderbolt 3’s 2750 MB/s bandwidth to ingest four, six or more cards simultaneously!
The Sonnet RED MINI-MAG Reader Designed for Digital Imaging Technicians
Measuring 5.75 inches wide by 1.4 inches high by 6.1 inches deep, the SF3 Series - RED MINI-MAG Pro Card Reader is suitable for use in any workflow and workspace; for DITs working multi-camera shoots or in a small space, the Sonnet reader’s design advantages stand out. Built with rugged aluminum enclosures, SF3 Series card readers are designed to be stacked and daisy chained, enabling multiple RED MINI-MAG, SxS, and CFast 2.0 readers to occupy the same footprint, while connecting to your computer through a single cable. Now you can take advantage of Thunderbolt 3’s 2,750 MB/s bandwidth to ingest four, six or more cards simultaneously!
Ready for Racking
Sonnet’s SF3 Series pro card readers include threaded mount points that enable you to securely attach two readers side-by-side on a rack tray in just 1U of rack space.