Sonnet Fusion Dual U.2 SSD PCIE CARD
THE MOST ECONOMICAL WAY TO ADD ULTRA-FAST, EXTRA-LARGE CAPACITY SSD STORAGE
Do you need more storage capacity for your computer? Is super high-speed throughput plus maximum IOPS (Input/Output Operations Per Second) performance critical to your work? U.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs deliver both. Sonnet’s Fusion™ Dual U.2 SSD PCIe Card enables you to upgrade your system in a flash, mounting two enterprise class U.2 SSDs with up to 32TB or greater capacity(1) in a single full-length x16 PCIe card slot, with no separate power or data cables, drive adapters, or mounting trays required.
ENTERPRISE CLASS PERFORMANCE & CAPACITIES
FAMILIAR SIZE AND SHAPE, DIFFERENT CONNECTOR AND INTERFACE
U.2 SSDs look like 2.5-inch SATA drives — they even share the same general dimensions and mounting screw hole placement, but their connectors are different, and so is their performance. Unlike SATA drives, U.2 NVMe SSDs interface with your computer’s PCIe bus, enabling them to perform seven times as fast.
How fast? Current PCIe 3.0 U.2 SSDs deliver sustained performance of up to 3500 MB/s read and 3500 MB/s write, or about 7x the performance of the fastest SATA SSDs.
Many U.2 SSDs are now available in capacities up to 16TB — perfect for storing large video projects—with higher capacity models on the horizon. Sonnet’s Fusion Dual U.2 SSD PCIe Card will support bigger SSDs as they become available.
FANTASTIC RAID 0 PERFORMANCE
Install the Fusion Dual U.2 SSD PCIe Card with your SSDs into your system and configure the SSDs as a RAID 0 set for even greater storage performance.
SONNET ADVANTAGES – FULL PERFORMANCE DESIGN
The Fusion Dual U.2 SSD PCIe Card is a full-height, full-length PCIe 3.0 card with an x16 (x8 electrical) interface, designed to support full performance from two U.2 NVMe PCIe SSDs. The Sonnet card features:
- CIe Bridge Devotes four lanes of PCIe 3.0 bandwidth to each SSD installed
- Self-contained Doesn’t require a specific motherboard to operate or specific SSDs to support RAID features — No PCIe bifurcation is required
- Universal Compatibility Mac®, Windows, and Linux compatible
- Mounting Support for Two U.2 SSDs Connect and mount directly to the card, no power or data cables, adapters, or mounting trays required
SILENT AND COOL RUNNING
Unlike M.2 SSDs, which require heatsinks to be attached to enable stable performance, U.2 SSDs are designed with their cases acting as heatsinks—that means installation is much easier. As a result, the Fusion Dual U.2 SSD PCIe Card doesn’t need a fan to keep the SSDs cool enough to enable them to maintain their high performance at all times.
CONNECT TWO ENTERPRISE SSDS THROUGH ONE CABLE TO YOUR COMPUTER WITHOUT SLOTS
Got a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe card slot? Sonnet’s Fusion Dual U.2 SSD PCIe Card is ideal for use in one of our Thunderbolt 3 expansion systems that accept full-length PCIe cards. The combo enables you to add two U.2 NVMe SSDs to any Mac computer with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 ports, or Windows or Linux computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
SIMPLE AND S.M.A.R.T
NVMe compliance ensures that integrating a Fusion Dual U.2 SSD PCIe Card into your system is easy—the necessary drivers are installed automatically. The Fusion card uses your computer’s built-in drive formatting utilities to format the SSDs. SSD health monitoring is supported through S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) data reporting, too.
- Two U.2 NVMe SSD Connectors on a PCIe 3.0 x16 Card
Add up to 32TB(1) Ultra-fast Storage
Mounts two U.2 NVMe SSDs (sold separately) in an x16 PCIe slot
High-Performance PCIe Interface
PCI Express 3.0 x8 host bus interface is bridged to the SSDs, devoting four lanes of PCIe 3.0 bandwidth to each installed SSD
Achieve sustained RAID 0 transfer speeds up to 6,250 MB/s(2)
Supports macOS®, Windows, and Linux RAID 0 and 1 configurations
macOS Boot Support
Supports booting from a single (non-RAIDed) attached SSD
Optimized for Thunderbolt
Use in Sonnet Thunderbolt 3 expansion systems to connect two enterprise SSDs through one cable with performance up to 2750 MB/s
No drivers required
Supports S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) data reporting
- Mac Pro 5,1 (Mid 2010 & Mid 2012) with available full-length x16 PCIe slot Mac Pro 7,1 (2019) macOS 10.13.6+ macOS Catalina compatible
- Computer with available full-length, full-height x16 PCIe slot (PCIe bifurcation not required) Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1809 or greater)
- Computer with available full-length, full-height x16 PCIe slot (PCIe bifurcation not required) Linux Kernel 5.0+
- Mac computer with Thunderbolt 3 or Thunderbolt 2 ports via a Thunderbolt 3 or 2 to PCIe card expansion system with available full-length x16 PCIe slot
- Windows computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports via a Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system with available full-length x16 PCIe slot
- Linux computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports via a Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system with available full-length x16 PCIe slot
- As of 09/2020, the current maximum capacity of most U.2 SSDs is 16TB. This product will support higher-capacity SSDs as they become available.
- This product’s performance will vary based on the type and number of SSDs used, the CPU speed, and the PCIe architecture.
- Performance in a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis limited by maximum Thunderbolt 3 PCIe bandwidth of 2750 MB/s. PCIe bandwidth of Thunderbolt 2 is about half of Thunderbolt 3.
- Micron NVMe SSD 7300 MAX, 800GB
- U.2, min. 4.5PB TBW, 3.0 DWPD, 7mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 7300 MAX, 3200GB
- U.2, min. 19.2PB TBW, 3.2 DWPD, 7mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 7300 MAX, 6400GB
- U.2, min. 49PB TBW, 4.1 DWPD, 7mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 7300 PRO, 960GB
- U.2, min. 1.9PB TBW, 1.0 DWPD, 7mM
- Micron NVMe SSD 7300 PRO, 1920GB
- U.2, min. 4.2PB TBW, 1.1 DWPD, 7mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 7300 PRO, 3840GB
- U.2, min. 9.8PB TBW, 1.3 DWPD, 7mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 7300 PRO, 7680GB
- U.2, min. 22.4PB TBW, 1.5 DWPD, 7mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 9200 MAX, 1.6TB
- U.2, min. 17.5PB TBW, 6 DWPD
- Micron NVMe SSD 9200 MAX, 3.2TB
- U.2, min. 29.8PB TBW, 5 DWPD
- Micron NVMe SSD 9200 MAX, 6.4TB
- U.2, min. 59.5PB TBW, 5 DWPD
- Micron NVMe SSD 9200 PRO, 1.92TB
- U.2, min. 16.8PB TBW, 4 DWPD
- Micron NVMe SSD 9200 PRO, 3.84TB
- U.2, min. 29.4PB TBW, 4 DWPD
- Micron NVMe SSD 9200 PRO, 7.68TB
- U.2, min. 58.8PB TBW, 4 DWPD
- Micron NVMe SSD 9300 MAX, 3.2TB
- U.2, min. 18.5PB TBW, 3 DWPD, 15mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 9300 MAX, 6.4TB
- U.2, min. 37.3PB TBW, 3 DWPD, 15mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 9300 PRO, 3.84TB
- U.2, min. 8.4PB TBW, 1 DWPD, 15mm
- Micron NVMe SSD 9300 PRO, 15.36TB
- U.2, min. 33.6PB TBW, 1 DWPD, 15mm