Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box
Upgrade your Thunderbolt 3-equipped notebook's graphical capabilities with the eGFX Breakaway Box from Sonnet. The eGFX Breakaway connects to notebooks and ultra-compact desktops via a Thunderbolt 3 connection to provide one PCIe 3.0 x16 slot, so you can install a user-supplied dedicated graphics card for gaming or creating 3D visuals. For broadcasting environments, the slot can accept a video capture card. To support a wide variety of cards, Sonnet has designed the eGFX Breakaway with ample space to house one PCIe card that features a full-length, full-height, and double-width form factor.
Powering the dedicated graphics card and even your notebook can be accomplished with the built-in power supply, which delivers up to 87W (550 model) of upstream power for recharging your notebook's battery. The power supply sports two 8-pin PCIe power connectors to support PCIe cards requiring up to 375W of power (one 8-pin PCIe and one 6-pin PCIe power connector to support PCIe cards requiring up to 300W of power on 350 model). Aside from power, the eGFX Breakaway comes outfitted with a variable-speed fan that cools all the internal components while staying quiet. Included along with the eGFX Breakaway is a 1.5' (0.5m) Thunderbolt 3 cable to help you connect with your computer.
- Connects a supported GPU card to your eGFX-compatible computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Supports AMD Radeon R9 and RX as well as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 7, 9, and 10 series
- Compatible with up to full-length, full-height, and single- or double-width card
- 40 Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface ensures 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the installed card
- 550W power supply has dual 8-pin connectors and can also deliver 87W upstream power to charge your computer
- 350W power supply has one 8-pin and one 6-pin auxiliary power connector and delivers 15W of upstream power
- Large built-in, variable-speed, temperature-controlled fan quietly and effectively cools the installed card
- Thunderbolt certified for Mac and Windows