SONNET Allegro Pro USB 3.1 Gen 2 PCIe Card (4 10Gb charging ports)
Powerful USB 3.2 Gen 2 Performance
Add Four USB-A 10Gbps Ports to Mac Pro, Windows, and Linux Computers with PCIe Slots; and Thunderbolt to PCIe Card Expansion Systems.
The fastest SSD-based USB 3.2 Gen 2 drives now available can transfer data at 800 MB/s—many are bus-powered, too. But, most desktop computers (including many new models) feature old-generation USB interfaces that can’t support that performance, and may not provide enough power to enable those bus-powered drives to function. Break through the bottleneck—install Sonnet’s Allegro Pro Type-A USB 3.2 PCIe(1) card in your Mac Pro® tower, Windows® PC, or Linux computer with PCIe slots; or Thunderbolt™ to PCIe card expansion system to support your fast USB drives at maximum performance.
Two Gen 2 Controllers, Four USB-A Ports
Featuring two 10Gbps USB 3.2 Gen 2 controllers and four USB-A ports, the Allegro PCIe card supports the fastest USB drives available, yet provides the most common connection type for peripheral devices.
The Speed and Power
Connected to a single USB 3.2 Gen 2 SSD RAID device, Sonnet’s Allegro PCIe card supports data transfers up to 800 MB/s—transfers complete in half the time(2) compared with using a USB 3.1 Gen 1 or USB 3.0 adapter card! Made possible through the use of dual controllers, with two connected drives, each port supports simultaneous 660 MB/s transfers. With four drives connected, each port supports simultaneous 300 MB/s transfers!
No Auxiliary Power Needed
Ordinary USB-A cards require the connection of a separate power connector. The Allegro draws the power it needs from the slot it’s installed in to power connected drives, enabling you to install the card in any compatible computer or Thunderbolt expansion system that doesn’t have these power connectors available.
Unlike ordinary USB-A cards, the Allegro features a resettable fuse on each port to protect the card and your computer should a cable or peripheral fail. Resetting a tripped fuse is simple— just shut down and restart your computer.
- Four SuperSpeed USB-A 10Gbps Ports—Adds four USB-A 10Gbps ports to your Mac Pro, Windows PC, or Linux computer with PCIe slots; or Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion system
- Powerful Performance with Dual USB 3.2 Gen 2 Controllers—Support data transfers at up to twice as fast as USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1, and boost data transfer speeds between connected drives
- Powered Ports—Supports USB bus-powered SSD, SSD RAID, and hard drive devices with up to 7.5W power per port
- Supports Charge & Sync—Supports USB 3.0 charging port handshake, and will simultaneously sync and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device
- Protected Power Delivery—Independent power regulation isolates each port to prevent cross-coupled power glitches that may cause accidental disconnects; resettable device overcurrent fuses protect the card and computer, and may be reset by a simple shutdown
- Add USB 3.2 Gen 2 to Thunderbolt Expansion Systems—Add four SuperSpeed USB-A 10Gbps ports to Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion systems
- Easy Installation—Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot
- Broad USB Device Support & Compatibility—Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB devices