EXPERIENCE UP TO 55% LOWER TCO
Compared to using hard drives for archival storage, the OWC Mercury Pro LTO offers an instant ROI, and pays for itself in no time by continually and dramatically lowering project and production costs.
LOWER LIFETIME COSTS WITH FAR GREATER LIFE EXPECTANCY
A 10-year Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) study performed by the Enterprise Strategy Group comparing the costs of long-term storage on disk, LTO tape, and cloud had a staggering revelation. LTO tape-based archiving offers a 577% ROI! That’s because LTO-tape offers the lowest cost per TB storage format and the longest life expectancy.
MEETS STRINGENT REGULATIONS
Whether you need to keep sensitive data secure during transportation or ensure irreplaceable data will be archive protected, the Mercury Pro LTO enables healthcare, financial, and related industries to meet strict legal and regulatory procedures for data confidentiality and integrity. Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption conceals your data from unauthorized access by making it readable only by the Mercury Pro LTO. By using a WORM (Write Once, Ready Many) LTO tape, you can store your data in a non-erasable, non-rewritable format to prevent accidental overwrite or malicious data alteration.
THE PERFECT SOLUTION
FOR A VARIETY OF INDUSTRIES
LTO Tape archiving is used by a wide variety of industries for diverse needs:
- Anyone seeking offsite data storage that is separated from the read/write host.
- Businesses desiring database and content backup protection against ransomware, cyber-attacks, and operations disruption due to natural disasters.
- Local/State/Federal Government agencies with ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance) workflows; video and files related to law/ordinance passage and day-to-day operations.
- Healthcare providers and organizations with medical records and imaging data.
- Educational institutions needing to keep a myriad of data - including research - produced by students, teachers, and professors accessibly protected while freeing up more costly storage options for short term use and backup.
- Video surveillance operations with increasing number of higher resolution colorized cameras.
- Motion picture industry production companies needing to meet bondable and insurable archive requirements
- Digital media companies can free up production disk capacity and shorten production windows by reusing and editing existing footage for new productions.
INTEGRATION AND EXPANSION
The Mercury Pro LTO enables you to archive data seamlessly in your workflow via the included Thunderbolt 3 cable connected to your Mac. You can also optionally enhance your workflow by:
- Adding up to a 4TB SSD to the 2.5/3.5-inch drive expansion bay for extra storage and backup capacity.
- Connecting a USB 3.0, USB-C, or Thunderbolt 3 device to the Mercury Pro LTO’s second Thunderbolt 3 port for added functionalities
- Adding a second display with up to 8K resolution via the DisplayPort 1.4 interface
- Keeping your notebook charged with the 85W Thunderbolt 3 port
INCLUDES MYLTO SOFTWARE
FROM IMAGINE PRODUCTS
The Mercury Pro LTO includes myLTO software for the Mac making the process of archiving your data easy, safe and secure. Through its simple drag-and-drop interface, myLTO gives you powerful archive options like queuing multiple copies with copy verification notification. You can also create customized reports with thumbnails and metadata to locate files after archival quickly. Fast and safe, myLTO uses checksum technology for guaranteed accuracy throughout the copy process.
ALREADY HAVE A FAVORITE ARCHIVING SOFTWARE?
Mercury Pro LTO works with other industry leading archiving and management software including: Pomfort Silverstack XT, Hedge Canister, YoYotta LTFS, XenData6 Workstation, Archiware P5, and more.
USE CASE SPOTLIGHT:
NETFLIX DATA MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
LTO solutions like the Mercury Pro LTO have become a workflow requirement for production companies like Netflix, which employing a 3:2:1 rule to safeguard OCF (original camera footage), provide off-site backup, and fulfill long-term archiving of series and films.
In every “rule,” Netflix lists LTO tapes as an acceptable archival format, and a critical component in meeting their partner data management requirements.
SECURE YOUR WORKFLOW WITH OWC CLINGON
Greatly reduce – if not eliminate – cable strain and accidental disconnects in active, heavy traffic flow workspaces with the OWC ClingOn. These custom cable stabilizers (sold separately) screw into the Mercury Pro LTO’s housing and secure your Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C connections to prevent work session interruption and possible data loss.
CERTIFIED FOR DEMANDING USE
We understand having confidence in gear reliability is paramount to creative professionals. That’s why every Mercury Pro LTO solution undergoes a multi-step performance certification prior to shipping. This ensures your archiving solution arrives operating properly and immediately ready for demanding use.
COMPLETES THE OWC SOLUTION
Thanks to the Mercury Pro LTO, OWC now offers the film industry, corporations, government branches, and even small businesses a trustworthy “ingest to archive” single source. With portable data capture options like the ThunderBlade, Express 4M2, and Envoy Pro EX; desktop options like the ThunderBay line-up; and internal drive options like the Accelsior 4M2 and Mercury Extreme Pro 6G 2.5-inch SSD, OWC is the one project source that does it all for all those that create data.
- Mercury Pro LTO
- Thunderbolt 3 cable
- Power cable
- LTO-8 tape (12TB native, 30TB compressed)
- Cleaning tape
- myLTO software (Mac only)
- Quick Start Guide
- macOS 10.14.6 or later
- Mac driver and myLTO software bundle: download.owc.com/lto/mac
- Full Windows 10 support expected in the future with an OWC driver update1
- Any Mac with a built-in Thunderbolt 3 port2
- (2) Thunderbolt 3 ports — power delivery up to 85W
- (1) Gigabit Ethernet (maintenance port)
- (1) DisplayPort 1.4
- (1) LTO
- (1) 3.5-inch or 2.5-inch SATA/SAS
- Internal UL-listed universal auto-switching
- AC input: 100 ~ 240V, 50/60Hz
- DC output: 12V, 16.7A (200W)
- Height: 9.1 in (23.2 cm)
- Width: 6.1 in (15.5 cm)
- Length: 11.5 in (29.3 cm)
- 12.2 lb (5.5 kg)
Product Specification Sheet
- Temperature (°F) 41°F to 95°F
- Temperature (°C) 5°C to 35°C
- Humidity 5% to 95% (non-condensing)
- Temperature (°F) -4°F to 140°F
- Temperature (°C) -20°C to 60°C
- Humidity 5% to 95% (non-condensing)