G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID Array
Built for easy travel between on-site locations and studios, the G-SPEED Shuttle 4-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID Array from G-Technology delivers storage for demanding workflows, such as 4K, 8K, high dynamic range (HDR), and high frame rate (HFR) footage. Its sustained data transfer rates of up to 1000 MB/s allow users to edit multi-camera footage in real time, render multi-layer effects, and export efficiently. Featuring an overall capacity between 24 - 56TB, which is split over four 7200 rpm Enterprise-class SATA 3.5" hard drives, this array comes pre-configured in RAID 5, which provides a good balance of performance and data redundancy, but is also able to be configured as RAID 0, 1, and 10, each of which provides performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both.
The G-SPEED Shuttle comes preformatted for macOS 10.12 and later, but can be used with Windows 10, 8.1, and 7 via a simple reformat. It achieves connectivity with its dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, each of which provides bi-directional transfer speeds of up to 40 Gb/s and is backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 2. While one of the Thunderbolt 3 ports is used to connect to your host system, the other may be used for daisy chaining up to five additional Thunderbolt-compatible devices together, including additional storage, displays, and docks. Included is a Thunderbolt 3 cable and a power cord, and protection is provided by a limited 5-year warranty.
Storage Capacity for Demanding Production Workflows
- With a capacity up to 56TB, the G-SPEED Shuttle delivers high performance storage to save all your favorite 4K or 8K high dynamic range (HDR) and high frame rate (HFR) footage in a single location.
Up to 1000 MB/s Sustained Transfer Rates
- With transfer rates of up to 1000 MB/s, the G-SPEED Shuttle delivers the performance you need to quickly ingest content and natively edit footage to make changes in real time.
- Built for easy travel between your on-site production location and to the studio for post-production, the G-SPEED Shuttle delivers powerful, transportable storage to help improve your workflow efficiency.
Optimized Support for Multi-Stream Workflows
- Built for multi-stream 4K and 8K production workflows, the G-SPEED Shuttle offers the bandwidth to support multi-camera editing in real time, render footage with multi-layer effects, and quickly export in an efficient workflow.
Built-In Hardware RAID
- For maximum performance, the G-SPEED Shuttle comes in RAID 5 out of the box and supports RAID 0, 1, and 10 to provide a versatile and flexible storage solution.
Daisy Chaining for up to 5 Additional Devices
- With dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, you can conveniently daisy-chain up to 5 additional devices, keeping you connected to multiple drives, 4K displays, and more, through a single connection to your computer.
Removable, Enterprise-Class Storage
- For all your demanding workloads and mission-critical footage, you can depend on the power and enhanced reliability of four 4TB removable Enterprise-class 7200 rpm hard drives.
Customizable with included ev Series Bay Adapter
The G-SPEED Shuttle comes with an ev Series Bay Adapter accessory so you can customize your system to quickly offload and save content from a wide range of ev Series drives and readers.
Note: Before you remove any drives and customize your G-SPEED Shuttle with ev Bay Adapters, your RAID settings must be changed. Please make sure to back up your data before removing any drives.
(4) Removable disk modules
(1) Thunderbolt™ 3 cable (40 Gbps)
(1) ev Bay Adapter accessory
Quick Start Guide