Designed for multicamera live streaming to the internet or broadcast applications, the compact ATEM Mini from Blackmagic Design provides gaming consoles, corporate computer streams, or HD cameras a four-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel. The four HDMI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis and they input up to 1080p60 video. There is also an HDMI output for a projector or external monitor, a USB Type-C output for streaming up to 1080p60 video to a computer, and an RJ45 10/100 Ethernet port for system management, remote control, and upgrades.
The control surface features easy-to-view, backlit control buttons to enable selecting camera inputs, controlling transitions, keyers, settings, and the DVE. The ATEM Mini features upstream and downstream keyers, an advanced chroma keyer, two linear/luma keyers, a DVE transition keyer, a pattern generator, and two color generators. There is also media player support for fill and key images, which supports up to 20 stills in PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, and TIFF formats. The HDMI output supports a minimum of 1366 x 768 resolution for monitoring your stream. It also supports the ATEM Software Control Panel via Ethernet, and it supports control and configuration using the ATEM Mini.
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: Built-in wipe patterns include circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted or softened, and can even have customized colored borders.
- DVE: With the powerful built-in Digital Video Effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options.
- Luma key: Luma keys work best with high-contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a gray scale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
|Total Video Inputs||4|
|Total Aux Outputs||1|
|SDI Rates||1.5G, 3G.|
|Total Audio Inputs||2 x 3.5mm stereo mini jack.|
|Total Audio Outputs||None, embedded audio only.|
|HDMI Video Inputs||4 x HDMI type A, 10-bit HD switchable.|
|2 channel embedded audio.|
|Video Input Re-Sync||On all 4 HDMI inputs.|
|Frame rate and format convertors||On all 4 HDMI inputs.|
|HDMI Program Outputs||1|
|Computer Outputs||1 x USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1.|
|HD Video Input Standards|
|720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60|
|1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60|
|1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60|
|HD Video Output Standards||1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60|
|Ultra HD Video Standards||None|
|Video Sampling||4:2:2 YUV|
|Colour Space||Rec 709|
|HDMI Input Resolutions from Computers|
|1280 x 720p 50Hz, 59.94Hz and 60Hz|
|1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97,30, 50, 59.94 and 60Hz|
|1920 x1080i 50 and 59.94Hz 60Hz|
|Colourspace Conversion||Hardware based real time.|
|Audio Mixer||6 input x 2 channel mixer.|
|Selectable On/Off/Audio-Follow-Video per channel plus separate gain control per channel.|
|Level and Peak metering. Plus new Fairlight audio enhancements: Compressor, Gate, Limiter, 6 bands of parametric EQ. Master gain control.|
|Advanced Chroma Keyers||1|
|Transition Keyer||DVE only.|
|Total Number of Layers||4|
|DVE with Borders and Drop Shadow||1|
|Interface||Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768|
|Channels||Fill and key for each Media Player.|
|Media Pool Still Image Capacity||20 with fill and key.|
|Media Pool Still Image Format||PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF.|
|Control Panel||Built in control panel. Software control panel included. Supports optional hardware panel.|
|Control Panel Connection||Ethernet supports 10/100 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network. Also used for updating the software. ATEM Mini supports direct USB-C connection.|
|Control Panel Compatibilty||Includes ATEM Software Control Panel. Also compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Advanced Panel and ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel.|
|Control Panel Included||ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac 10.13 High Sierra, Mac 10.14 Mojave or later and Windows 10.|
|Software Updates||Using USB or Ethernet connection directly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Switcher Utility.|
|Configuration||Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Switcher Utility connected via USB to chassis.|
|Mac 10.13 High Sierra,|
|Mac 10.14 Mojave or later.|
|Power Supply||1 x External 12V power supply.|
|Operating Temperature||5° C to 40° C (41° - 104° F)|
|Storage Temperature||-10° to 60° C (14° to 140° F)|
|Relative Humidity||0% to 90% non-condensing|